1. "so much that…"句型
But he developed gradually a very musical English. He learnt to write sentences that fall away on the ear with a misty languor and it delighted him so much that he could never have enough of it.
Anything is better than not to write clearly. There is nothing to be said against lucidity, and against simplicity only the possibility of dryness. This is a risk that is well worth taking when you reflect how much better it is to be bold than to wear a curly wig.
In 1600 the earth was not the center of the universe because the majority then supposed it was; nor, because she had more readers, was Ella wheeler Wilcox a better poet than Father Hopkins.
4. "so…that, such…that"是一个普通的句型，但在同一个句子里有两处使用它却比较少见。
The truth is, that in one point of view, this matter of national literature has come to such a pass with us, that in some sense we must turn bullies, else the day is lost, or superiority so far beyond us, that we can hardly say it will ever be ours.
5. "by doing…"结构。这个结构的意思是"通过(做)……"，但翻译实践中不能拘泥于这种释义，不少情况下需要灵活变通。
The hippos, by depositing dung in the water, fed the fish that support the storks that destroy the rare trees.
No less obvious is the fact there are great numbers of people so constituted or so brought up that they cannot get so much pleasure out of processes and experiences resulting in a poorer life less full of meaning.
I can not say of myself what Johnson said of Pope: He never passed a fault unamended by indifference, nor quitted it by despair. I do not write as I do; I write as I can.
It is a valuable work. I do not think anyone writes so well that he cannot learn much from it.
9. "to have not…(as) to see…"中的不定式也有否定意味。
He had not the good breeding to see that simplicity and naturalness are the truest marks of distinction.
10. "It occurred to sb. that…"意为"突然想到"，"It dawned on sb.that…"."突然想起"等。 从句是想起的内容。
I remember once being on a bus and looking at a stranger. He suddenly looked back at me-i.e.our eyes met. My instinctive reaction was to avert my gaze. It occurred to me that if I had continued to maintain eye contact, I would have been rude and aggressive.
1. From what has been discussed above, we can draw the conclusion that…
2. It is high time that strict measures were taken to stop…
3. It is necessary that steps should be taken to…
4. In conclusion, it is imperative(必需) that…
5. There is no easy method, but… might be of some help
6. To solve the above mentioned problem, we must…
7. In summery, if we continue to ignore the above mentioned issue, more problems will crop up
8. With the efforts of all parts concerned, the problem will be solved thoroughly
9. We might do more than identify the cause; it is important to actions to…
10. Taking all these into account, we…
11. Whether it is good or not/positive or negative, one thing is certain/clear…